Sustainable Development Transition Forum
9-11 April 2014
Incheon, Republic of Korea
Incheon, Republic of Korea
Introduction and backgroundThe United Nations Office for Sustainable Development (UNOSD) will host the first annual Sustainable Development Transition Forum (SDTF) from 9-11 April 2014 in Incheon, Republic of Korea. The SDTF will serve as a global platform for sharing knowledge in the formulation and implementation of sustainability programmes, reviewing evidence of impact and charting new and improved pathways for implementation. The SDTF responds to a call made in November 2012 by government representatives of developed and developing countries, civil society groups, United Nations and other international organizations, academic institutions, independent policy think tanks and sustainable development networks that attended the UNOSD inaugural international workshop on 'Strengthening Planning and Implementation Capacities for Sustainable Development in Post Rio+20 Context'. The specific programme of the first annual SDTF will include the science-policy-practice interface for ensuring transition towards sustainability, and the facilitation of partnerships and communities of practice to advance sustainability strategy-making and implementation. Contact Information
United Nations Office for Sustainable Development
Yonsei University International Campus
162-1 Songdo-dong, Incheon 406-840
Phone: 82-32-822-9088; Fax: 82-32-822-9089
Email: email@example.com | Web: www.unosd.org
- This is an expert-group meeting and participation is by invitation only.
- Agenda of the Sustainable Development Transition Forum, 9-11 April 2014.
- Course Registration Info for training sessions of 9 April.
- Agenda of the SDplanNet Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting (7-9 April 2014) - organised by SDplanNet-AP and its partners.
On-line Evaluation Questionnaires
- Evaluation of morning track 1 (post-2015)
- Evaluation of morning track 2 (system thinking)
- Evaluation of morning track 3 (integrated assessment)
- Evaluation of afternoon track 1 (SDGs implementation)
- Evaluation of afternoon track 2 (green growth)
- Evaluation of afternoon track 3 (adaptive governance)
- Evaluation of Day 2, Day 3 and Logistics
Additional External Resources
- SDplanNet Asia-Pacific Newsletter March 2014 (external link to SDplanNet).
- SDplanNet LAC Regional Meeting Report (March draft) (external document from SDplanNet).
- SDplanNet Africa Regional Meeting Report (March draft) (external document from SDplanNet).
Day 1 - Wednesday 9 April: Opening and Short Courses
- Welcoming Remarks, YOON Jong Soo, Head of UNOSD.
- Mapping and Review of Global SD-related Courses, L�szl� Pint�r.
Training - Morning Tracks
- Track 1: Post-2015 Engagement and Advocacy - hosted by Stakeholder Forum
- Track 2: Introduction to Systems Thinking - hosted by Systainability Asia
- Track 3: Integrated Assessment Tools for Mainstreaming Environment and SD Goals into National Planning - hosted by IISD
Training - Afternoon Tracks
- Track 1: Formulating Goals for Sustainable Development - hosted by Asia-Europe Foundation.
- Track 2: Green Growth and Contributions to Sustainable Development - hosted by IGES.
- Track 3: Adaptive Governance and Policy-making using the ADAPTool - hosted by IISD.
Annual General Meeting of the GN-NCSD (20:00 - 21:30)
Day 2 - Thursday 10 April: Exploring Future Governance and Practice
Setting the Context of the Future
Exploring the Future of Governance and Practice for Mainstreaming SD
- Outcomes of the DSD Capacity Building Workshop, October 2013, Seleshi Bekele Awulachew.
- Regional Perspective: Latin American and the Caribbean, Bishnu Tulsie.
- Regional Perspective: Africa, Ernest Acheampong.
- Regional Perspective: Asia-Pacific, Peter King.
- Regional Perspective: Europe, G�bor Bartus.
- Global Perspective: Sustaineo 2030, Cornforth, Ullah, Swanson, Bizikova.
Anticipating the Challenges and Barriers for Innovative Governance
- Building on Previous Foundations, Darren Swanson.
- Capacity Building and Knowledge in Africa, Gibson Mphepo.
- Capacity Building and Knowledge, Kenty Richardson.
- Sub-National MDGs, Ingeborg Niestroy.
- SDplanNet-AP Handout.
- Working Group Report - Europe.
SDplanNet Operational Meeting (19:00 - 21:30)
- Please visit the SDplanNet website for details.
Day 3 - Friday 11 April: Towards a Capacity Building Agenda for 2014-15
Strengthening and Coordinating Communities of Practice (CoP)
- KM and Networking Maps, Fran�ois Fortier.
- Knowledge Tools, Alexandru Toma.
- Regional perspective: Latin America and the Caribbean, Bishnu Tulsie.
- Regional perspective: Africa, Ernest Acheampong (no overheads).
- Regional perspective: Asia-Pacific, Peter King.
- Regional perspective: Europe, G�bor Bartus (forthcoming).
- Regional perspective: Coordination in Europe, Kenty Richardson.
Incheon Communiqu� and Forum Report
Next Steps and Closing
- Closing Remarks, YOON Jong Soo.
- SDplanNet (operated by IISD and iGES)
- GNNCSDS (operated by Stakeholder Forum)
- The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)