The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Sustainable Development Goals was adopted by UN Member States in September 2015. Included in the Agenda are 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 associated targets. In view of the context and needs, the overall objective of the SDTF is to convene government officials, UN Agencies and experts from around the world to discuss guidance on mainstreaming the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and SDGs into national and sub-national development plans.
Date: 17-19 November 2015
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development will be presented at the landmark United Nations Summit to Adopt the Post-2015 Development Agenda in September 2015. Included in the Agenda are 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 associated targets. A key objective of the workshop is to share innovative practices and to assist countries in applying integrated systems-level approaches for envisioning, planning, implementing and monitoring national development plans and strategies for achieving The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Sustainable Development Goals for the Middle East and Central Asia region.
Date: 27-29 October 2015
Expert Group Meeting on Ecosystem Conservation and Sustainable Development in SIDS - side event at the World Leaders' Conservation Forum 2015
The outcome of the Third International Conference on SIDS - the SIDS Accelerated Modalities of Action (SAMOA) Pathway - was endorsed by UN General Assembly on November 14th 2014. Ecosystem services and conservation mainly appear under its sections related to: "Oceans and seas" and "Biodiversity". This official document mentions one of the priorities as "promoting the integrated and sustainable management of natural resources and ecosystems that supports, inter alia, economic, social and human development while facilitating ecosystem conservation, regeneration, restoration and resilience in the face of new and emerging challenges." Coastal and marine ecosystems are also mentioned in the context of use of oceans and seas and in the context of sustainable tourism. At the same time, the process of defining the post 2015 Sustainable Development agenda is approaching its target, by delivering the proposal of SDGs.
Date: 7-9 July 2015
Regional Training Workshop in Asia and the Pacific: Sustainable Development and Disaster Risk Management Using E-Government
With a view to divergent experiences and varying levels of e-government development in the Asia Pacific region, UNPOG and UNOSD will organize training workshop for e-government and disaster risk management to promote sustainable development: i) to discuss about the new and emerging trends and main challenges of the post - 2015 Sustainable Development Agenda, knowledge sharing by e-government and ICT development in the world (and in particular in Asia and the Pacific); ii) to share best practices of e-government for disaster risk management and enhance peer-to-peer learning; iii) to build up a strong CIO network and set up the mechanism/platform for sharing experiences and knowledge transfer with focus on innovative e-practices for sustainable development; and iv) to explore effective ways including soliciting more funding support to enhance capacity building for developing countries in the region. The workshop will consist in two days of presentations and panel discussions and one day of field visits.
Date: 25-27 March 2015
The United Nations Office for Sustainable Development (UNOSD), part of UN in Korea, supports U.N. Member States in planning and implementing sustainable development strategies, notably through knowledge sharing, research, training and partnership building. The Office, established in 2011, is managed by the Division for Sustainable Development (DSD) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), and supported by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Environment, Yonsei University and the City of Incheon. [Read more]
- 17 Nov 2015 - UNOSD hosted the Sustainable Development Transition Forum in Incheon
- 27 Oct 2015 - UNOSD co-organized a workshop for the Middle East and Central Asia region on National Development Strategies and Plans
- 7 Jul 2015 - UNOSD hosted an Expert Group Meeting on Ecosystem Conservation and Sustainable Development in SIDS
- 26 Jun 2015 - Head of UNOSD, Dr. Yoon attended Annual Conference 2015 themed embracing a New Era of Eco-Civilization
- 23 Apr 2015 - Side event on Implementing the SDGs during the Fourth Session of the Post-2015 intergovernmental negotiations
The 5th meeting of the Steering Committee of UNOSD took place on 2 May 2016. The meeting was attended by the representatives of Republic of Korea, Ministry of Environment, City of Incheon, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs and UNOSD. Read more
- Regional Training Workshop in Asia and the Pacific: Sustainable Development and Disaster Risk Management Using E-Government 29-31 October 2014
- Second Summer School 2014 on Sustainability Transition Policies and Practices 4-8 August 2014
- Fossil Fuel to Renewable Energy (FFRE) Transition Workshop for Indian Ocean and African SIDS 12-16 May 2014
- International Symposium on Sustainable Cities: Empowering Local Governments through Capacity Building and Knowledge Sharing 17-19 April 2014
- Sustainable Development Transition Forum 9-11 April 2014